May 15, 2010

two in one . . . .

yep its a combo offer . . . not exactly an offer but it sounds good this way. since one post does not make sense if read independent of the other one, i am rolling the two into one. . . 

one song and the mood swings . . . 

one of the things that i can do for long hours these days is listen to music and write what's on my mind. I've written so many things that were on my mind but was never posed with an opportunity to write about the music. Most of the thoughts that were penned down till date have always had the influence of music in some way or the other. This is not about the influence that Music made to those thoughts, its a new thought altogether and when you read this, you'll understand the relation between those thoughts of my mind and the MUSIC. . . 

For starters, I do not understand the technicalities of music, for I am only a music lover. I neither get the genres of music, the notes, the pitch, the timbre . . . . What I do understand when I listen to music, is that I like the music or I don't. . . . This is not about the music I don't like, what I do not like is not necessarily bad music, its just that, its not my kind . . . And its true with the Music I like too, its not necessarily good music. Good and bad are only personal expressions of the inclination of the mind to a kind of music. . . . 

As I was writing looking out of the window of the Kalmane coffees, Ningaraju of KC disturbed me for about a minute. 
hello saar, What ಏನು ? ? ? he said.
it ಇದು [idu], but ಆದ್ರೆ [adre],  what ಏನು [yenu] ? ? ? I replied.
That was the conversation, its a li'l  complicated to break that down to help you understand the English - Kannada versions of the words, for which I need , expertise of the other kind. The kind I am not specialized at, I can only elaborate on simple, straight forward things not the crooked ones. . . My life is too precious to be wasted Untangling things. . . 
Poor guy comes back again to serve My Coffee, and this time he wanted to learn something, something that he thought was important, because a gang of girls, laughed at him, when he replied to what they asked.
'Can I have a glass of water?' one of the girls asked, to which he said - 'No glass water, only half liter bottle. . . ' they all burst into laughter. I never heard anything, remember I listen to music all the time while writing, especially this one, for I am writing about music. . .
All said and done about my kind of music, good music, bad music, Ningaraju and the thing he wanted to learn, I need to get back to the topic. Ningaraju was never a part of the thought, he was never in the picture until the moment. At that Moment, he became a part of the diversion from the topic, as usual I do not mind the diversions. . . Why I said he was never in the picture was because when the thought of writing about Music struck me few days back, I was, like all us was unaware of the situation at the "moment of truth". . . .

Now, When I am seated in a public place like the one I am sitting right now, You don't expect privacy. When you do need privacy in a place like this, all you need to do is ignore the rest of them around you, all those who do not matter to you. In order to create my own li'l shell in a place like this, to ignore the rest and enjoy the company of the best [myself], music comes in very handy. Occasionally at the coffee shop, there's some music that'll be played out loud enough to keep the words of the people from mixing. . . That won't help you enjoy the music nor does it create a space of your own. That is when My kind of music comes into picture, all the music in my playlist is my kind of music. . . . that's why even "they" call it "MY MUSIC". . . . 

Repeat Mode - - - - 

How do I start now, I should rather say restart . . . ? What I said all this while about music was never intended to be part of the writing when I started, for then the description was already on my mind. It was not the music that I wanted to talk about, it was a particular song that you listen to in repeat mode. I shall elaborate a lot more as usual, a li'l later, about the personal space, That one song that can swing your mood and the same song in different moods - all that and much more, after a not so long break. . . [hopefully]
[had to stop writing and go for something that was far more important than writing this]

Next Day - - - -
Thankfully I am back to complete what was left pending for not so long. As I sat once again to write a li'l more, I am stuck for words, words that make the reading more interesting [in fact - it'll make the writing (whats written) more interesting and everything that's ever written will remain the way its written irrespective of the act of reading] . . . I think this is what is called a "writer's block", You know it for a fact what you want to write but to write the same you are in a fix.

I now realise for a moment that I am diverting once again from the topic. . . That one song you listen to in repeat mode, that sets up the mood for you, helps you create your own personal space anywhere and everytime, that one song that swings your mind through the different moods. . . Now before I come to talk of the song in particular, I'll have to talk a li'l about my playlist. All the songs in the playlist. . . How that one song gets into the repeat mode? ? ? What was the state of mind at the first instance when the song was played? ? ? How the mood changed every other time the same song repeated? ? ? Lyrics of the song ? ? ? the beats of the music? ? ? How the body responds to the 'mood swings' and the 'song' in repeat mode? ? ? Well, body's response is restrained by the factors such as people around, place, time etc etc . . .

Now as I have managed to raise so many questions that are important to elaborate on the point in discussion, I think its time for me to make a confession, a revelation that only very few people, who know me very well, know. The fact that "I am too Lazy" and I find ways to do things in a way that the end product is not affected and also with the effort that's worth the time spent. . .

So, here's[what you read] what's worth the time that I am spending and the li'l effort that i've put in. I believe that the moment the questions were raised, I was sure that the answers would EXIST. Answers that are individualistic and Unique of every reader. By writing the way My Mind reads and reacts to these questions, I would limit the boundaries of the Readers' Mind within Mine. . . I believe and live for an Individualistic expression of the mind. I appreciate the effort and the time of the readers who read what I write. . . For them to get what's worth the "TIME" that is spent, I need to curtail myself from writing the answers. . . 

Now that's all. . . folks! ! ! ! Did I not say that I am too lazy ? ? ? Don't you know the reason why those questions were raised in the first place ? ? ? Don't you think that me being lazy is worth all the time you spend reading this ? ? ? Don't you all know the answers to the questions that I've raised ? ? ? Ain't that a Silly question ? ? ? Now. . . Where's that song in the repeat mode ? ? ? ? That song's been playing out loud in my ears for almost fifteen days now, Including the moment when I started writing yesterday and as I am ending it today [now] - All this while My body and My Mind has a way of reacting to that song, that is truly mine - WHAT'S YOURS ? ? ?

No comments:

Post a Comment