May 8, 2012

First rains of this season. . .

Wow!! awesome! fantastic!!! all adjectives become cliche' if i were to use them to describe how it feels to experience the first rains of the season. It was something much more and much beyond my ability to express, what was quite simply - inexplicable....
Just as i am typing this today, a day after the first rains, while its still raining [drizzling] on the terrace of my home in the countryside, i can't help but draw parallels between the experiences of the first rains this year and the year before. I remember i was caught at red light at a traffic signal last year, when i was heading to my favourite coffee shop last year. I was at the coffee shop when the dark clouds enveloped the usually bright evening sky. Unlike last year i had nothing with me that was vulnerable to the rains this season and i was out in the open in a matter of minutes after seeing the rain drops soaking up the summer dust....
What makes this season's rain even more special was that i was free. I wasn't running away from anything or anyone unlike the year before. I was ready to run in to everything and everyone.

hah its getting boring now for me to write. I can't recount the exact events of my life, they are better of experienced. When the uncertainty of anything lasting long or returning soon is looming large, we tend to hold on to it just a li'l longer when we get it. Its one of those kind of experiences that'll remain special of the rains this seasons. I bid goodbye to my friends way too late at night and decided to head home, to where I am right now sitting to put things together for you to read it another day....

Days have gone by and i am still recounting the experience of the first rains of this season. In fact when i started or wanted to write it wasn't about the rains itself. It was more of the contrasts that i saw of the first rains of the last year and this year. Well, you know it how it was the last year and this year, I woke up the following day to a whole new experience that i couldn't have imagined the year before. I saw that the green was a tad greener. . . smell of the mud was much more evident and the farmer on the plot next to mine was out in the fields doing what he does best. Birds were chirpier than usual and the farmer in me was happy to see the land soaked in water and the photographer in me was lazy to capture anything. . . . And like always - the end is going to be as simple as it always is, it will come. . . like it is with falling in love once you're in it, the rest is all about falling out of it. . . . you never know when it is that it is the last rains rain but when the season ends you'll know it, that its been a long wait for the first rains once again. . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment