Aug 23, 2010

2nd day of August 2010. . . . . . .

Its been a while since i posted something on my blog. Well not really long if you consider that a fortnight to be a short period of time. While I was looking back at my diary to choose from a long list of articles, I thought this post should not be one of those cooked up stories revolving around one of those people I met somewhere or I saw or my perception about others or whatever. It been a while since I've been a li'l philosophical about the li'l things that have always enticed me. . . . . So here's a li'l twisted perception of a conversation with a friend that's been morphed to differ from my first article in my New diary.

Looking at all the empty pages in this new diary, I can feel the excitement already. Excitement to see what fills into these pages in sometime, even though I am not sure how long is this sometime.
I remember writing this somewhere yesterday, "Re-Reading Your own book is like time traveling to a place and time you've been before". I can't remember all the responses which few of my friends made when I posted it on a social network but one them was very interesting and well framed, It caught my attention. She said - "We are not exactly time traveling - but it's the memories of the past which replays in front of you, while you're being a spectator. Your past does the time traveling to meet you in the present".

While I am writing this thinking about that, I wonder, what I am writing in this page now will go on to be memories of today for tomorrow. Since time only knows to pass to be left behind, it's up to us to pick up those moments and move forward. What she said  makes perfect sense in here. Every time you open the book, you make these moments part of the present at that point in time.
But this acceptance of memories traveling to be part of the present, makes me wonder once again if the past really deserves a place in the present. May be it all depends on what memories we have captured in past. Do we really want those memories to be part of the present. Do we have a choice to make - whether, to let something from the past be part of the present or some part of the present be left behind with the past, every time we reopen the pages of history of our own lives. . . . 

Today, if I look back at the memories of My yesterday and let it be part of my today, only to make it a memory of the today for my tomorrow, which, when I look back once again, will only be the yesterday. My today may well be missing in the tomorrow for its filled with my yesterday. So every time I re read my own diary, I am letting my past overwhelm my present. . . . . 

On the contrary, When I time travel to the past,  to revisit those memories of yesterday, My present will be part of yesterday and once I am done with the rendezvous with my past, I am back in the today and my Today will always remain Today as Tomorrow's yesterday. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment