Jul 18, 2010

My share . . . .

This is a small something written immediately after I wrote about the beautiful Muslim women. This couldn't have been added along with that, as both are very diverse in nature.The decision of writing was taken immediately after the series of events mentioned below occurred,  it is only the last act that prompted me to write this. . .

While I was writing about the BMW, Mr. Raj walked up to me and said he was pissed off in his life. . . . He never told me the reason for being pissed off. He wanted to go and stay alone in solitary Isolation for sometime. Some disappointment was troubling him and it was seen all over his face.

In the mean, there were a couple, just the two of them, no friends for company were seated in the corner table next to the window. It was the girls' birthday and I could see the two struggling to capture themselves in the same frame. I could have volunteered to click their picture but I was busy capturing the BMW in black gowns in my imagination. She cut the cake, shared a bite with each other and cut the cake into pieces and shared it with everyone in the shop including me and Mr. Raj. We got our share and wished her a routine happy birthday complimented with a fake smile. . .  Accepted the thanks and returned the same for the cake. . . .

With a piece of cake in our hands, Me and Mr. Raj continue to discuss the reason for him being upset. Still disappointed, while Mr. Raj thinks whether to share his grief with a near stranger somebody or not, I finished My share of cake and said to Mr. Raj - The cake is superb and delicious. . . .
Mr. Raj, still with that disappointed expression on his face, generously offered me his piece of cake and said - "Please have mine too". . . .

The offer was quite tempting but I resisted the temptation and said to him - "Whether you like it or not, you have to have your share for yourself. What comes in your share is yours". Maybe he got the message loud and clear, with a smile on his face, he ate the cake and walked back to the counter to attend his customers.

Did I not tell you this a small something. . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment