Jul 15, 2010

Chicks I may never click

I am a self proclaimed amateur photographer as most of you known, who shoots anything and anyone, specially inclined at clicking pictures of anyone. Therein is a glitch, when I say anyone. There is one set people I may never dare to click. . . . They are one of the most interesting subjects of photography that I’ve come across. They speak with their eyes or I should rather be saying “their eyes speak”. . . .



With all the respect to the culture they follow, which forbids them to dress like others, I must admit that it is beautiful. It is this very same reason that endears me to crave to click their pictures. I am referring to the beautiful Muslim women draped in their black gowns from head to toe. All you see are those two twinkling eyes that speak a million words that I do not understand. . .



These women in black, with their eyes visible through the narrow slit, offer a fantastic frame to capture. There’s something about these ladies in black that stands out in every frame you can think of. May be it’s the black. As they say black absorbs all the light that falls on it, I would rather believe black dominates all else. . . Be it a colour photo or a black n white portrait, you’ll see the dominance of black in every frame and that’s exactly what excites me to want to capture them. What’s hidden in those long black gowns never really matter to the onlooker; it’s the eyes that do the magic. The modesty is treasured within. . . . It is this aspect that their culture has, maybe, forced onto them, as few liberal ones may argue. Well I am not complaining, it’s the very same culture that makes these ladies in black stand out in the crowd. . . .



Why I say that I may never click these beautiful ladies is for a simple reason – the fear of a situation that we have created in our so called cosmopolitan society, that endears you to consequences that may not be dear to both, me and her. . . What you just read is the frame that I failed to click every time she walked past me, be it in a lonely road or a busy street. . . Now you know why.

that's a friend who posed naturally for me to click these few pics. . . . 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment