Mar 7, 2010

24. Virtually conneCted . . . . are we ? ? ? ?

Off late this is what I've experienced, internet has made us believe that we are all connected. . . but it always leaves me with the question - are we ? ? ? When I face off with these people, I'm often connected with online. . . in the real world. On the net I am connected with so many people, some are friends, some are friends of friends and some are those who are friends just because we share mutual friends. . .

In the virtual network, we often share our thoughts and opinions about things we believe n think n like or obsessed with, others who opine the same agree, some like it and some don't . . . But the point is how much ever we are connected with these people over the internet, we always tend to face a strange situation when confronted in the real world. . . . the very same thoughts that we may have agreed upon in the virtual world. . . words don't come easy to even start a conversation when the person is in front of you. . . . we feel like strangers all over again, as if to start everything from the beginning. . .

I feel whatever we put on the internet never goes on for a long time in our minds, probably that's one of the reasons, why I often find myself asking people did I say that to you, they return with a quick reply saying I saw that on the internet. . . . You never really know who reads what you type on the internet but its nevertheless important to type though, at least to keep those thoughts posted . . . just like the one I am writing now, which I am not sure who'll ever read this. . . But it sure becomes a data bank of thoughts that you've gone through, and its always nice to look back at them later. . .

The internet does help us be in touch with the ones we know personally, but those who know you because we share mutual friends in those social networking sites, I am not sure if it does help at all. . . It may definitely help us start a conversation and suddenly you may find that the one you knew in the virtual world was a totally different person altogether . . . I believe, as long as what we portray ourselves as in the VIRTUAL WORLD is more or less the same as what WE are in the REAL world, we will be connected. . . . connected in the true sense of being connected . . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment